Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Opening up God's Voice

by Dale Shumaker
4spirit@gmail.com

How do we hear God's voice. I believe Psalm 5 has the answer to the process that gives us Divine direction from God and His Spirit. A direction that has Spiritual Intelligence and strategy as was common for Joshua and Jesus.

The Lord will direct our path.

In Psalm 5, when in the temple of the Lord He will show us plainly the path to follow.
7 Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house;
I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe.
8 Lead me in the right path, O Lord,
or my enemies will conquer me.
Make your way plain for me to follow.
I feel this is crucial for what we do every day.

The key factor is ...
Being in His presence.
Then following what He says there.

It is simple to understand, harder to create a discipline.
This is where the principles of the Body of Christ come in.

As a team, entering God's presence, through worship,
taking time to hear from Him.
Then following His directions.

When we start with praise and worship in song,
then as we get ideas,
share with others,
and follow these directions that day as from God.

This is the process as I see it in Scriptures and sense in my Heart.
This I feel is the whole missing ingredient of why we see no power. This is the secret to power being expressed through us in Spirit.

I was also looking at Jesus' normal day at the office. (Luke 6,7 NLT)
18 They had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases; and those troubled by evil spirits were healed. 19 Everyone tried to touch him, because healing power went out from him, and he healed everyone.
21 At that very time, Jesus cured many people of their diseases, illnesses, and evil spirits, and he restored sight to many who were blind. 22 Then he told John's disciples, "Go back to John and tell him what you have seen and heard—the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor. 23 And tell him, 'God blesses those who do not turn away because of me.

He lived every day walking, delivering people from what oppressed them. People sought Him out because they knew they needed something more than just the Law but the Living Power of God to deliver them.They didn't know what to call it, but they knew Jesus had it.

We have the same privilege and right of participation.
Go and live in His Spirit.
Walk in His Presence.
Go to His Presence and He will direct your paths....
And you will see Miracles!

No comments: