Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Secret of the Master’s Indwelling (13) ... That God be All in All

by Dale Shumaker
Spirit Savvy Network
www.spiritsavvy.net

Finding your mission, Empowering your life through prayer,
Becoming a Missionary in the Marketplace
Leading others to be Missionaries in the Marketplace

The Secret of the Master's Indwelling is about digging our roots deep into God’s soil that bears fruit abundantly and gives us strength Supernaturally. Andrew Murray shows what we must do and be to become stalwarts of Faith.

Secret of the Master’s Indwelling, Chapter 13, That God be All in All:

There will come a day—the glory is such we can form no conception of it, the mystery is so deep we cannot realize it, when the Son shall deliver up the Kingdom that the Father gave Him. The Son Himself shall be subject also unto the Father, “that God may be all in all.”

It shall then be made manifest, as never before, that God is all in all. It is this that Christ has been working for; it is this that He is working for to-day in us.

What a life ours could be if that were really our banner! To serve God fully, wholly, only, to have Him all in all! How it would ennoble, and enlarge, and stimulate our whole being! I am working, I am fighting, “that God may be all in all;” that the day of glory may be hastened.

Would that we Christians realized in connection with what a grand cause we are working and praying; that we had some conception of what a Kingdom we are partakers of, and what a manifestation of God we are preparing for.

How we should be borne along in this blessed faith! I am living for this: that Christ may have the Kingdom to deliver to the Father. I am living for this, and I will one day see Him made subject to the Father, and then God all in all.

That it may rule in our lives—this one thought, this one faith, this one aim, this one joy: Christ lived, and in His power I reign; only for this one thing, “that God may be all in all.” Let it possess our whole heart, and life. How can we do this?  And I say, first of all: Allow God to take His place in your heart and life.

“God first, and I second;” God is all, and I am nothing. Paul said, “I labored more abundantly than they all; though I be nothing.” Let us try to give God His place—begin in our closet, in our worship, in our prayer.

Be quiet, and trusting, and resting, and the everlasting God will shine into your heart, and will reveal Himself. God will take His place as God in the presence of His child, so that absolutely and actually the chief thing in the child’s heart shall be: “God is here, God makes Himself known.”

I must not only allow Him to take His place, but secondly, I must accept His will in everything. I must accept His will in every providence.

Whatever the trouble, or temptation, or vexation, or worry, that comes, I must see God in it, and accept it as God’s will to me. Trouble of any sort that comes to me is God’s will for me. There is never a trial that comes to us but it is God’s will for us, and if we learn to see God in it, then we bid it welcome.

Will you not learn to say from to-day, “Welcome every trial, for it comes from God?” If you want God to be all in all, you must see and meet God in every providence. Oh, learn to accept God’s will in everything! Come learn to say of every trial, without exception, “It is my Father who sent it. I accept it as His messenger,” and nothing in earth or hell can separate you from God.

Thirdly, Trust in His power. You complain of weakness, of feebleness, of emptiness. Never mind; that is what you are made for—to be an emptied vessel, in which God can put His fullness and His strength.

The almighty power of God is working in me. I only need to get down, and be quiet; I need to be more submissive, and surrendered to His will; I need to be more trustful, and to allow God to do with me what He will.” Give God His way with you, and let God work, and He will work mightily. The deepest quietness has often been proved to be the inspiration for the highest action.

Fourthly: If God is to be all in all, sacrifice everything for His kingdom and glory. “That God may be all in all.”

That life is only worth living as it is given to God to fill.” Do let us sacrifice everything for His kingdom and glory. Begin to live day by day with the prayer, “My God, I am given up to You. Be my all in all.”
Let the Holy Spirit dwell in you; let the Holy Spirit burn in you as a fire, and burn in you with unutterable groanings, crying unto God, Himself to reveal His presence and His will in you.

Christians, sacrifice your time; sacrifice your interests; sacrifice your heart’s best powers in praying, and desiring, and crying that “God may be all in all.”

And lastly: if God is to be all in all, wait continually on Him all the day. Wait continually on God all the day. If you are to do that, you must live always in His presence. That is what we have been redeemed for.

One thing have I desired of the Lord, and that will I seek after; that I may dwell all my days in the house of the Lord; to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple.” “In the secret of His pavilion He hideth me.” God Himself will take you up, and will keep you there, so that all your work shall be done in God.

Beloved, wait continually upon God. You cannot do this unless you are in His presence. You must live in His presence. Then the blessed habit of waiting upon God will be learned. The real difficulty of getting to the point of real waiting upon God, is because most Christians have not sought to realize the nearness of God, and to give God the first place.


May my life be to live and die, to labor and to pray continually for this one thing: that in me, and around me, and in the church; that throughout the world ’God may be all in all.’”

The complete chapter on That God be All in All.:
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/murray/indwelling.xvi.html
The Christian Classics Ethereal Library and many great classic works on Christian Growth, by the best of the Saints of Old whose works have been passed down through the ages.


No comments: